Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fabric Love...

 

I have a great passion for fabric and yarns... I spent a lot of time in my youth going to fabric stores with my mother to pick out patterns and fabric for clothing. My mother made a lot of the clothes we wore as children, I always had originals! People would always ask where I bought what I was wearing and I would proudly say that my mother made it! Sadly there are very few fabric stores in my area any more... I found this beauty at JoAnn's Fabrics this past Friday. While others were running around looking for Black Friday specials ( which mind you I think is pure lunacy... ) My mother, my daughter and I took my coupons for JoAnn's and went a shopping!( after lunch, there were really no crowds out at all! ) My daughter does not share my love for wandering through fabric and yarn but she did find a few goodies while we were there! I actually went to stock up on yarn for an afghan I am making my Mom for Christmas. I was wandering in the upholstery fabrics and came across this fabric and instantly fell in love! When I saw the price I literally choked! I bemoaned and groaned about buying it, not buying it...  my daughter told me that if I didn't buy some she was going to have to listen to me complain about not buying it, so... I sucked it up and bought a half of a yard...it was on sale and I used my teacher discount. It's just enough to make myself a new bag to cart all my stuff back and forth to school. It will be my Christmas break project! It's sitting folded by my sewing machine and I smile every time I look at it! My daughter thinks I'm nuts but those of you that love fabrics also know what I mean!  :)


1 comment:

  1. I love it and I don't even love fabrics. I love yarn of course. I am always happy to use my coupons at Joann's if appropriate and now they even have one you can pull up on your phone.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete