Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Winter Weary...




It has been five weeks since we have had a Monday at school... I think we are going to finally achieve a full week of school this week as our weekly snowstorm is arriving Saturday night instead of Sunday into Monday...


The kids have been doing a lot of painting but the Monday and Tuesday morning classes are woefully behind and I'm resigned to the fact that I am going to have to redesign a couple of lessons to catch those classes up with what the others have already completed...


I'm starting to run low on certain colors, yellow tempera especially... I need to readjust the quantities I will have to order for next year...


My 4th Grades have been having a lot of fun with mono-printing these last couple of classes...



3d Grade worked within a heart shape for their mono-prints...



I spent a few days on our President's Break diving into the crochet rabbit hole and binging on Netflix... the result is my finished version of the Cowl Neck Poncho from Simply Crochet magazine...


I'm very happy with it and it's super warm and cozy... great for the cold, cold weather we are having now and it will be a great cover for cool mornings in the Spring ( when Spring finally gets here... )



I need to start surrounding myself with color and "Spring" things as I am severely Winter weary...

I have to start to purge the Winter from my life and pull some Spring in... I think i'm going to start with some Spring cleaning at home today....

                                                                     Have a great week!
                                                                             Mrs. "C"  :)

3 comments:

  1. Know it's a chilly winter there. Doing something warm and cozy to expect spring is good. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Terrie from Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings are wonderful. I love the poncho, great colors. I try to crochet and watch Parenthood on Netfix when I can.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think many of us here in the northeast are dreaming of spring. Think positive - it's only a bit over a month away!

    ReplyDelete