Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Monochromatic Skies - 5th Grade



My 5th grade classes painted these monochromatic skies back in January.  I have seen many versions of this lesson on blogs and originally saw this lesson on Artsonia over the summer while planning lessons for this school year.  My 5th graders loved, loved, loved this lesson!!!  They got completely absorbed in the coloring mixing!

I recently sat down and started playing around with how to use Picasa to edit my photos.  Let me just ask you.  "Can you say FUN?"  This site is so much fun!  I was able to do a lot of different things with Picasa!  I labeled all my photos with my blog name, framed, cropped and made several versions of photo collages.  Yes, it is time consuming and is not something you can do on the spot but, it was well worth the time and effort to do it all!


Another photo collage
 
Here are the photos by themselves. I was also able to frame each one.
I had many different frame styles and color choices!















19 comments:

  1. These are beautiful- very atmospheric and moody. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have done this lesson (I got the idea from Mary Ann Kohl @ brightring publishing) and paired it with the book "The Day The Babies Crawled Away." My 2nd-5th graders loved it. Check out the post on my blog: http://createartwithme.blogspot.com/2012/01/winter-silhouette-landscapes.html?m=0 Thanks for posting! Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE A RUBRIC FOR THIS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry... but you could easily create one using the objectives you choose for the lesson. They are many examples of basic art rubrics on-line you can search or check out the many on Pinterest :)

      Delete
  4. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. LGBTQIA+ shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Thank you for using your platform to highlight social issues and advocate for positive change. Your blog is a powerful voice for raising awareness."
    Berrylook UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knowledge of many topics has significantly increased thanks to your article. I appreciate your dedication to education. necessary clothing discount code

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is like a breath of fresh air in the online world. Your commitment to making learning enjoyable is evident. lowes moving coupon generator

    ReplyDelete